Terms of Business
- In these Terms: "CV Guru", "we", "us" means CV Guru of Royal Arsenal Gatehouse Beresford Square, Woolwich, London SE18 6AR; "Contract" means the legally binding contract between you and CV Guru for the provision of Services; "Fee" means the fee for the Services set out on the Website; "Information" the information you provide to us in relation to the Services; "Materials" the CV and/or cover letter; "Website" means the website operated by CV Guru and located at cvguru.co.uk; "you" means the individual purchasing services from CV Guru.
- These Terms supersede all prior representations or arrangements, and contain the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the Materials. CV Guru may amend these Terms from time to time, and the latest version of the Terms shall apply to your order for Materials.
- Words in the singular include the plural and in the plural include the singular.
2. Ordering and Cancellation
- You may order the Materials online through the contact us form on the Website, by email or by telephone. If you wish to make an appointment to discuss the Materials in person and you are under 18, you must be accompanied by an adult.
- A Contract shall come into existence on the earlier of (i) receipt by CV Guru of the Fee in full and cleared funds; and (ii) booking a personal appointment with us.
- You agree that the Materials are made to your specification and are clearly personalised. Accordingly, and subject to Condition 7, you have no right to cancel the Contract or obtain a refund under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulation 2013.
3. Provision of Information
- You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are based on the Information that you provide to us. All such Information must be up-to-date, accurate and complete.
- You agree that you have the right to provide the Information to us, including but not limited to the name and/or address of any individual in the Information.
- You further warrant that use of the Information by CV Guru to prepare the Materials shall not infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights or any obligations of confidentiality that you may have to a person or organisation. You agree that if you do not provide sufficient Information, we may contact you to gather further Information and/or we may highlight on the Materials where further Information is required.
- You agree that any document containing Information that you provide to us will not contain any virus or other malicious code.
- We confirm that the Materials shall be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.
- We shall use reasonable endeavours to complete the Materials within the timeframe you have selected from the date that the Contract is made.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss whatsoever including any loss caused by any delay in the completion of the Materials as a result of failure by you to provide complete and sufficient Information in a timely manner.
- We shall deliver the Materials to the email address that you provided to us in a Microsoft Word document. Please check any junk or spam folder within your email account. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have appropriate systems to access the Materials, including a licence to access and use Microsoft word. We shall have no liability to you for your failure to comply with the provisions of this Condition 4(d).
- You should check the Materials as soon as you receive them. Within 7 days of receipt of the email containing the Materials, you shall notify us of any errors or omissions in the Materials, and any changes you would like to be made to the Materials. Provided such changes are reasonable and do not reflect a substantial change to the Information, we shall make the changes to the Materials within a reasonable period of time.
- The fees for the materials are set out on the Website.
- All invoices for the Fee shall be paid in full without deduction, withholding or set off.
- No copyright, or other intellectual property rights in the Materials are assigned to you under these Terms.
- Subject to receipt of all Fees, CV Guru grants to you the right and licence to access, download, copy, use, reproduce and edit the Materials and to share the Materials with third parties in order to seek employment.
- You grant to CV Guru the right and licence to reproduce any feedback and/or testimonial that you provide to us on our Website and within any other marketing and publicity for the Services, and to attribute such feedback and/or testimonial to you.
- We do not promise or represent that your use of the Materials will secure you a response from a potential employer, an interview, an offer of employment, a promotion or any other achievement at any time. We do not promise or represent that any result will be achieved or achievable as a result of the Materials.
- If the Materials do not comply with Condition 4(a) and subject to Condition 4(e), your sole remedies are to request that we re-write the Materials and/or refund to you all or part of the Fee paid. We shall have no additional liability to you, including for any loss of Information, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill and/or wasted expenditure. You agree that if you request a refund under this Condition 7(b) you shall have no right to use the Materials and you shall immediately delete the Materials from your devices and software systems.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we are not liable for any losses incurred as a result of any errors or omission in the Materials which reflect errors or omissions in the Information.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms.
8. Use of the Website
- The Website is made for your own, personal use. You agree not to try to gain unauthorised access to the Website or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Website and/or reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble all or part of the Site save to the extent expressly permitted by law.
- The copyright in all material contained in the website including all information, data, text, images and software is owned by or licensed to us. All rights are reserved. We have used reasonable endeavours to prepare the content of the Website, however, any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind in relation to the Website and its content are hereby expressly excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. All content on the Website and any information contained in an email or given in a telephone call or in person by CV Guru is for information only and you should not be relied upon as advice.
- The Website may contain links to websites or apps operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites or apps and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or apps or their availability or content.
- We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Website. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises on the Website, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not us, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to make the Website available to you at all times. However, there may be occasions when access to the Website may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. We reserve the right to remove any content or features from the Website for any reason.
- These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and us concerning your use of the Website and the Contract.
- If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If you have any complaint or wish to raise a dispute in relation to the Website or the Materials please follow this link http://ec.europa.eu/odr
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.